Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thing 23

My most enjoyable time was spent on Thing 19 exploring the Web 2.0 Awards List where I found the most interesting things. I never formally thought about lifelong learning before, so this has assisted me in not taking for granted the need to keep up with the exploding content on the internet. What surprised me the most was how long and with the amount of difficulty it took me to complete some of the Things. I would have liked more precise instructions when starting this venture. The time commitment was so far underestimated that it led to some negative feelings. I began with the goal of finishing and mastering each step. Problems were challenges, and there were many of them. I just kept plugging along in a sometimes not so effective manner. The toolbox was filled with colleagues who were more computer literate in this completly technology related task. I did have some mentoring experiences which went both ways.
I would be interested in doing more of this as there is so much to learn out there. Blogging is not my favorite thing and I could do without that.

No comments: